Books on a budget
Oh, one of my most favourite things in the entire world is books.
You can learn with books.
You can escape with books.
You can be entertained by books.
You can be inspired by books.
They really are so fabulous . Gosh and so expensive! These days can you can expect to pay anything from lb8 ish to lb20 for a book and if you read like me that can leave you out of pocket!
So what can you do booklover on a budget?
Here are my 5 tops tips:
1) Hit the second-hand shops regularly. My favourite is Oxfam book shops but all of them have a pile of books and unlike buying online second hand you can have a flick through and really check out the condition.
2) Car boot sales often have a few book stalls and again you can check out the books well.
3) Borrow from a book-loving friend ( but treat it very well and do return it in a timely fashion or your book-loving friend will properly dislike you) Books are like lovers!
4) Go your local library and have a really good look around and pop in requests for books you are lusting after.
5) Second hand on Amazon? I always go for the very good/like new option but it’s a little bit pot luck- though MUCH cheaper. Do check out the seller’s ratings to get a feel for how honest they are.
There you go- that’s how you can be a book lover on a budget!
The Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Ooh and there is a prize this week!
Because we’re so grateful to you guys who join in with us each week, we wanted to give something back but we wanted something that fit with the theme of this linky so we thought we’d have a look on Amazon and find a book that you might like.
We thought this one seemed like a winner (this isn’t sponsored at all btw):
So, for this week, we’ll write down the names all of the people who leave a link on one of our posts (and have linked to us in their post) and put them all in a hat. We will draw one live on Instagram of Facebook stories and let the winner know after the linky has ended.
So how frugal have you been this week?