Back to school looms and my daughter is going up to secondary school and my sons starting his GCSE years. Wow. Time has indeed flown these past few years. I love the relaxed vibe of the holidays and thinking about going back to school stresses me out! Still, I am an old hand now so here are some of my best and simplest back to school money saving tips to help you too.
- The most important back to school preparation does not involve cost it involves practicalities such as being back in a wake up early routine, being organised, knowing the route etc. have a look at the list of things to have organised for the first day back at school costs nothing but time/effort.
- Dark coloured bags will last way longer – no matter what the fashion keeping bags neutral and dark will make your money stretch further
- Packed lunch bags need to be washable/wipeable and in a design that won’t lose its appeal after the next TV show craze. Think longevity and quality and your money will last longer,
- Ditto waterbottles get a good quality bottle that won’t leak but go for something they will like long term.
- Label, label, label, label, label. Have I said it enough times? If you don’t you are very likely to be replacing things within the first term!
The Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one: